Theres something about walking into a house filled with the aroma of freshly baked goods.
Looking for something tasty and delicious your tamaiti (children) can bake? Why not try these amazing cheese scones, so easy to make and ready in less than 15 minutes.
Follow our faiaoga (teacher) Pauline's master class baking tutorial below, which will help give your child interactive learning to break up those lockdown days and a tasty snack upon completion never fails to satisfy.
We are lucky to have an amazing baker in our Aukilani Kids aiga (family).
Give it a go...
4 cups self raising flour
100 grams butter
2 cups milk
1/2 cup of cheese
more cheese for sprinkling (how much is up to you)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. 2. Sift flour into a bowl. 3. Add slightly softened butter.
4. Add egg and 1 cup milk.
5. Add 1/2 cup of grated cheese.
6. Use a spoon or your clean hands to mix all ingredients together.
7. Add the rest of the milk and mix again until well combined.
8. Add mixture, a spoonful at a time onto your tray lined with baking paper, try and
scoop equal portions so that they all cook evenly.
9. Add a sprinkle of cheese on top.
10. Bake for 15 mins or until golden brown.
If you would like more videos similar to this, please visit us again soon! We'd love to share more recipes and ideas for you and your tamaiti.